We have an exciting role within the international postal & printing industry.
The position of Account Handler is responsible in maintaining and developing customer relationships whilst looking for new business opportunities to ensure growth.
You will have a sound knowledge of direct mail production, domestic and international postal methods including downstream access.
You will be reporting to the Business Support Manager
The key requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- To identify and generate sales leads and obtain necessary information to ensure follow up sales calls from in-house database.
- To provide advice to customers on production and mailing methods whilst maximising profitability.
- To carry out customer requests in a timely, orderly, efficient and courteous manner.
- To provide written quotations, pursue and close sales whilst cross-selling other products and services.
- To create job bags and book in jobs within the timescales of the customer and the business workload.
- Sign job pack off at start of job.
- To ensure full working sample is in Job Bag.
- To liaise with other departments to ensure the customer needs can be met and informing customers if there are issues or delays.
- To monitor and update Production schedule on a daily basis.
- To communicate with Office Coordinator/Planner daily with work in progress.
- To update job bags on a weekly basis for invoicing.
- To ensure customer postage is keyed into RTIS before handing over to Trainee Account Handler for invoicing.
- To ensure also all invoicing is updated and completed for month end.
- To answer the telephone in less than 3 rings.
- To ensure standard quotes are completed in less than 24 hours.
- Contact customers to advise them that their mailing has been sent.
- To call customers at least once every 3 months if they have not used our services.